Medication Therapy Management
Clinical Pharmacist Services
We know how difficult it can be to manage several medications at once. Between calling for refills and making multiple trips to the pharmacy, you are left with hardly any time to focus on what is most important—your health.
We are here to help. Our Avance Care clinical pharmacists team up with your primary care provider to make sure that you are getting the most from your treatment plan. Through medication therapy management service, we help you take charge of your medication regimen.
Medication-related problems and medication mismanagement are a massive public health problem in the United States. Studies show that patients correctly retain only 14% of what their doctor tells them at the point of care. As a result, 20-30% of prescriptions are never filled, 70% of patients do not renew their prescriptions after the first year, and up to 50% of patients prescribed a medication are non-adherent. According to the American Pharmacist Association, “There are an estimated 1.5 million preventable adverse events each year that result in $177 billion in injury and death.”
We believe integrating pharmacists into primary care can prevent avoidable healthcare costs by increasing patient adherence, optimizing prescription regimens, and preventing medication-related complications.
Medication Therapy Management is a custom service from clinical pharmacists at Avance Care. The service links patients, providers, and pharmacists to comprehensively manage chronic conditions and medications. It is designed to address avoidable, adverse events related to medication management, and aims to improve outcomes and quality of life for patients as well as reduce the overall cost to their families and the healthcare system.
What is Medication Therapy Management?
The Medication Therapy Management Program is a custom service for Avance Care patients with health conditions that are prescribed multiple medications. The program is designed to simplify medication treatment plans and ensure that your medications are working safely, effectively, and are at the best price available.
Who Can Benefit From MTM?:
- Senior citizens
- Patients with chronic kidney disease at any stage
- Diabetic patients
- Patients with hypertension
- Chronic pain patients and patients with cardiovascular diseases
- Patients prescribed or interested in psychotropic medications
- Patients with more than five medications
How Do I Benefit from MTM?:
- Full review of your medication treatment plan
- Reduce your out-of-pocket medication costs
- Find out possible side effects from prescribed medications
- Review lab results against each medication
- What medications are safe to take over the counter
- Organize daily medications, doses, and instructions
- Assist with proper use of medical devices (i.e. glucometers)
- Provide free educational materials and tools for each disease/medication
Avance Pharmacist Consultation also offers evidence-based disease state management (both pharmacological and behavior support) for complex patients with multiple disease states such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, heart failure, asthma, COPD, tobacco cessation, or obesity, just to name a few. We can ensure that patient assistance, including manufacturer or disease state grant, is applied for the patients that are uninsured or under-insured, including those in the Medicare Part D coverage gap.
- Request a referral during a medical appointment with your Avance Care provider or directly request services by contacting Pharmacy Services at (919) 237-1337, Contact Us, or LiveChat.
- Your out-of-pocket cost is the same as your copay for an office visit to Avance Care.