Opioid Addiction Treatment
Opioid addiction is one of the major public health problems in the US today. The adverse consequences in terms of health, personal and family life and legal issues are devastating. Fortunately, there are effective treatments for opioid addiction based on solid scientific evidence. One of the most effective treatments for opioid addiction is called Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) which includes prescription of a medication called buprenorphine/naloxone (trade names: Suboxone/Bunavail/ Zubsolv) in combination with behavioral therapies and counseling.
Avance Care is here to help. We follow an “integrated care approach” where we can address your primary care, behavioral and addiction needs in the same setting. Our physicians have taken the proper training and are approved to safely administer Suboxone/Zubsolv/Bunavail to treat opiate addiction. We have trained counselors to offer behavioral therapies and an on-site pharmacy for your prescriptions.
What are Suboxone/Zubsolve/Bunavail?
Each of these medications is a different formulation of an agent that includes an opioid medicine similar to morphine, codeine and heroin. This medication targets the same places in the brain that opioids do, which helps to relieve drug cravings. It also has unique chemical properties that allow it to achieve this benefit safely, without giving you the same addictive high and overdose risk as other more potent opioids. Research has demonstrated the safety and effectiveness of these agents in the treatment of opioid addiction, because this drug relieves withdrawal symptoms, and prevents relapse.
Why Avance Care?
- Safe, non-judgemental, primary care environment with collaborative services
- Comprehensive medical and behavioral evaluation to determine appropriateness for treatment
- Physicians trained and certified to prescribe Suboxone/Bunavail/Zubsolv
- On-site behavorial assessment and treatment
- On-site pharmacy for dispensing of Suboxone/Zubsolv/Bunavail
- Weekly, monthly monitoring and support
- Patients with dependence on opiates such as heroin or oxycontin
- Patients who are addicted to opioids who reject the possibility of methadone treatment
- Patient ready to engage in treatment
- Patients with good support systems
- Behavioral/psychosocial assessment and treatment
- Medical evaluation and regular follow-up
- Supervised prescription of Suboxone
- Monitoring of illicit opioid drug use
- Assistance with the transition to appropriate after care
Advantages of Suboxone/Zubsolv/Bunavail Treatment
- Less addictive potential than traditional opioids
- Fewer withdrawal symptoms compared to methadone
- Less dangerous if overdosed
- Addition of Naloxone reduces the potential for abuse by injection of the medication
- Flexibility of dispensing reduces interference with personal routines and schedules
- Suboxone/Zubsolv/Bunavail treatment is only available to Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) members at this time. Check with BCBS for coverage under your plan and your out of pocket cost.
- You are considered to be a Self-Pay patient, if you are not a BCBS member, are uninsured or are a member of any other insurance plan.
- For Self-Pay patients, Avance Care offers a Medical Discount Card. For an annual fee of $75 ($50 with a credit card on file), you receive a 25% additional discount on top of our prompt-pay discounted fees.
- With the Medical Discount Card, Self-Pay consultation fees are: $300 initial evaluation, $150 follow-up appointments. The fees do not include the cost of labs or any other services outside of provider professional consultation.
- Self-Pay fees for behavioral/psychosocial assessment and treatment ranges from $100-$130 for initial evaluation and $60-$120 for subsequent sessions.
- Self-Pay fees for lab tests: $170, Discount Card Fee$125