Greek Style Egg Muffins
Written by: Elizabeth Elam, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
2 tablespoons skim milk
½ cup feta cheese
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heavily spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (or use a silicon muffin tin).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper (if using) until combined.
- Evenly distribute the spinach, tomatoes, and feta into each muffin cup.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup until roughly 2/3 full.
- Place the muffin tin on a baking sheet (in case egg muffins overflow while baking).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs have firmed and the cheese is brown and bubbly.
Serving Size: 1 egg muffin
Calories: 127, Fat: 10g, Protein: 7g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sodium: 198mg
Nutrition Tip: These egg muffins come together in no-time. It’s best to bake them in a silicon muffin pan; however, if using a metal pan, be liberal with cooking spray to prevent the muffins from sticking. These muffins keep in the fridge for about 5 days. If freezing, thaw in the fridge the night before and microwave to heat through (or enjoy cold!)