5 Tips for Healthy Eating on the Road
Turn a classic Friday night, take-out favorite into a grilling activity for the entire family. Use store-bought pizza dough and pesto from a jar to make this recipe come together in less time than it takes the delivery man to arrive. You’ll save money and calories while spending quality time outdoors. Total Time: 30 Minutes Makes: 4 Servings Ingredients: 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat 1/2 cup prepared pesto 4 ripe plum tomatoes, thinly slices 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese Freshly ground pepper, to taste 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn Directions:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch round crust, about 1/4 inch thick. Place crusts on a floured baking sheet. Carry crusts and toppings out to the grill.
- Lay crusts on grill (they won’t stay perfectly round). Cover grill and cook until crusts are lightly puffed and undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip crusts. Immediately spread pesto over crusts. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta and pepper.
- Cover grill and cook until the undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.